Heart & Soul Fund UpdateMonday, June 08, 2009
Planning for the February 2010 Heart & Soul Auction has already begun. Co-chairs Mark Leeds and Marilyn Collins are working to create a fun and festive fundraiser to support social outreach programs. Fundraising in all forms is vital in these economically challenging times. Two recent fundraisers were:
- The Firehouse Fiesta, held at the converted firehouse home of Jack and Megan Friedman, was an opportunity to socialize and talk about Heart & Soul outreach.
- A mini silent auction took place during a recent Coffee Hour in Reidy Friendship Hall with many items to bid on. The centerpiece of the auction was a beautiful handmade quilt sewn by friends of one of the Monday Night Hospitality Volunteers.
The following organizations are recipients of recent grants:
- ABC Fast Break (mobile mental health clinic for kids)-$7,500
- ABC Swoosh (mental health screening to identify kids that need help)-$10,000
- Musica Viva (on-going music education for kids and performances for elderly)-$5,000
- Navigators (scouting and camping activities for inner city boys and girls)-$10,000
- New Amsterdam Boys & Girls Choir (after-school choir program for kids in East Harlem)-$5,000